Foremerly known as Amministrazione Autonoma dei Monopoli di Stato or AAMS, Agenzia delle Dogane e dei Monopoli is the Italian gambling monopoly. In the past years ADM has gone from banning the online gaming activity to legislate the state jurisdiction. Casinos have to go through a hard process to be granted a license and have to pay high tax rates to the Italian government. ADM impose 6% tax on player winnings that are higher than 500€. This has caused some turmoil amongst online gamblers enthusiast since on the .com site they didn’t have to pay any taxes on their winnings. ADM offers a safe and secure environment for players that plays within the jurisdiction but has also harsh punishment for those who play on unauthorized casinos that are not legislated in Italy. The competition within this legislation is not so vast but it is gaining popularity. You can find all the authorized casino brand below.
Since July 2019, the dignity decree has been enforced and the ban on gambling related products advertisement has become official for operators that holds a gambling licence in Italy. Therefore, any form of sponsorship of “events, activities, programs, products or services” and “all other forms of communication of promotional content, including visual of gambling related quotations or symbols and Operator branding or logos are prohibited. The advertisement restrictions will also impact ads on social media and search engines, including a ban on Facebook ads and Google adwords.
AGCOM Marketing Guidelines:
- Use exclusively “informative” language and messages;
- Terms and Conditions of bonuses and offers should be very clear and visible;
- Use exclusively informative materials provided by the company;
- Ensure that all banners and advertisement channels include 18+ and ADM (Agenzia Dogane Monopoli) logos are clearly visible;
- Avoid any kind of message with a sense of urgency (“Open an account“/”Apri un conto” – “Deposito/Deposita“) and instead use informative messages (for instance, “Discover more“/”Scopri di piu’” – “Visit our website“/”Visita il sito” – “More information“/”Piu’ informazioni“);
- Update all banner and landing pages automatically to reduce the risks in breaching the advertisement guidelines;
- Ensure that partners avoid any kind of Email/SMS marketing activity;
- Inform partners about the legal responsibilities and liabilities in case of any potential breach of the guideline. Ensure that they are aware that in case of any sanctions issued by AGCOM the Company will have the right to claim a refund or damage compensation.
118+, T&Cs apply. #ad. Play Safe. New customers only. Opt in required. 1x per customer. Min. €10 stake. Max. 100 Free Spins at €0.10/spin on Big Bass Bonanza only. Bonus expires 72 hours after issue. Game weighting, game, country, currency, player restrictions and terms apply. BeGambleAware.org.